Saturday, April 28, 2007

Flesh Field - Voice of Dissent (Ergo Proxy)


OLink: video information (animemusicvideos.org)
Author: Kristyrat

Now, this is a strange one. I mean, Ergo Proxy is just such an artistic series. It's a great AMV material. Then why can't I find tons and tons of amazing Ergo Proxy music videos? It does not make sense at all, now does it? Or maybe... Just maybe, it is too difficult. Like making a mix clip of Marylin Manson. Now this figure has one sick imagination and the same amount of promotional staff, resulting in completely psychedelic creations. Thus, show me a better fan made video than Mr. Double M have made. Tough task, ain't it?

However, I somehow got my hands on this short piece, that to be honest blew me the first time I watched it. And it blew me good. Like, after 10 seconds. Whatever feelings I get after watching it over and over again, I still remember the first time's thought of 'damn, that's it!'. When I think of the cause, it's definitely the music, and the starting scenes. Just look at Real, her expressions, her fear, just there in the first frames. And her tears. And the guitar riffs. Well, damn me, but this is such a perfect choice. Then is the fast paced part, concluded by a slowed-down female vocal. Another instant-love part. Notice the awkward synchronisation - at first it looks disturbing, but then it somehow turns out to be very sensible.

The feel of this clip is one of a kind. Maybe, just maybe... it's the mirror 'awakening'? The proxy inside you calling to be freed? The hidden ego that wants to burst into the real world. Or maybe, just maybe... it's a normal AMV. A one damn good music video. Either way, it's a pure hardcore clip, and I mean seriously - hardcore. No bullshit devil emblems, no emo rebels, just the dark side as it is. The Real, dark side...

And damn me, we're in for a one amazing AMV Weekend...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heh... I didn't like it at first. But I had to see it again, just to watch the scenes and the tech. part of the video. Now I can't stop watching it, I couldn't identify why. And like you pointed out, it's the music.

30 April, 2007 00:08  
Blogger alienzero said...

hehe, thx, glad you liked it :] it's one of those amvs you can watch over and over and it never gets boring ;p

05 May, 2007 17:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad to see this video get much love from you guys, definately a very cool surprise. Thanks for the spotlight :)

[Kristyrat]

17 May, 2007 22:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home