Saturday, March 3, 2007

Joanna Pacitti - Watch Me Shine (Kiddy Grade)


OLink: video information (animemusicvideos.org)
Author: VicBond007

I prepared something different for today, but when I saw this video there was a definite change in plans. It's actually funny, but at the very first seconds of the clip I still wasn't sure - it started slowly and music was somehow monotonic. Luckily there was a noticeable perfection in synchronization and a delicately accelerated animation (which in fact makes it look a lot smoother). And then, just before the chorus, was the unbelievably synced fanservice. And the actual chorus. And I was so sure like never before ;].

As I am writing this post I notice another thing about this video not experienced before - it doesn't sound good ;]. What I mean is, when I just listen to the video, not watching the action, somehow it's magic is lost a bit. It never occurred previously, as I always play the clip in the background to stay in the feeling while making the review. However, I don't consider it a flaw, I would even call it an advantage. The secret lays in the editing, the fact that the author switches scenes and synchronizes the characters' movement with almost every beat. It really pulsates and enhances the music. That's a simple but difficult effect to achieve, and not much AMVs actually have it. Here it's quite perfect to be honest. Especially in the most important moments around the mentioned chorus, with really nice beats ;].

Thus we have a very interesting example of a video that's somehow better than the soundtrack. Words of respect to the author. And honestly I want to end this review and bring the video window to the top. Listening is just not enough ;]. And next time the already prepared experiment of an AMV that, on the other hand, wins with the music only - in my opinion, that is...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me want to watch Kiddy Grade.

13 March, 2007 18:00  
Blogger alienzero said...

well me too, to be honest ;p

18 March, 2007 01:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home