Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Veronicas - 4ever (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu)


OLink: video information (animemusicvideos.org)
Author: Bakadeshi

Just like I said yesterday, another Melancholy AMV. But it's actually not melancholy at all. It's 'fast paced', as the author suggests. And it really is. The performance of the original song, 'God Knows', was turned into a live TV-like feed with a perfect lip and beat syncing that occasionally interrupts the main show. Which has a pretty good choice of the scenes by the way, and generally develops well with this new song by The Veronicas.

Moreover the show itself has a nice plot that the author sure thought about. I mean, seeing Kyon at the beginning on live feed, then in the story, and finally in the end makes it a neat, closed novel (which in fact the original Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is). Summarizing we have got a great video with amazing synchronization and cool effects on top. Splendid. I'm done. Erm... No.

Turning into rant mode, I start again ;]. When I saw this clip for the first time, what turned me back a bit was that Haruhi is mumbling silently most of the time. Moreover, in the beginning it's synced - so then, when it's not you get a bit confused. I happen to found that the author did not mean to synchronize these story parts, just the TV-like one, but well... intentionally or not he did a bit, and that's the first glitch. The second is when the actually synced live feed comes, and again for the first time I watched I heard The Veronicas, I saw Haruhi singing, and I felt nothing in between. You maybe felt that when watching the series, when she started singing 'God Knows' that there was something in the back of your head saying 'Oh no, it's just not right'. Lip sync made by the author is really amazing, I admit it, but it's a bit like telling of jokes on a funeral - they still may be funny, but not quite appropriate. I say lip syncing is great, but not serious - for comedy it's OK, but the rest? Well, I'd be careful. I may be wrong, but who cares anyway.

This video is almost perfect. And 'almost' makes a difference. That's what I dislike. But still, the X factor is in it. Thus it's on the AMV Weekend Blog. Now I go watch some more of the yesterday ;p

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home