Monday, February 5, 2007

Roxette - The Look (Various Anime)


OLink: video information (animemusicvideos.org)
Author: lockeout

This is what the fuss is all about. This is the AMV that started this Weekend Blog. And what's the worse I can describe it in one word - a.m.a.z.i.n.g ! But it's a review so I'll spill some more words.

You won't find any fancy special movie maker after effects here. No mad lasers, blinks and colour inversions etc. And that's what the best about it. It's value is not in the show, but the go - the perfect fit of sound and scene. Do you know this feeling when you watch an AMV of a particular show and think 'how much better the original would be if they'd put that music in' ? Well, I get this feeling repeatedly for each of the shows included. And that's just insane. Insanely great. Combine it with the fact that this Roxette piece is my childhood memory you get one of a hell inspiring package of music video. And I haven't even get to the best part...

The synchronization. The author had a devil's own job to combine the beat with 10 series and guess what? He succeeded at 0:22 already! Hammer time. Afterwards was just more of it. 2:19 - a perfect choice - slow motion beat vs. slow motion vid is just what I dig in AMVs. And 3:10 - when the most of the video is revealed the author comes up with this and then you just know that he is a genius.

This is my benchmark of AMVs. I notice it's flaws, but actually I yet am to come across a flawless one. This one is perfectly balanced and is The AMV.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

video no longer available ;_;

11 February, 2007 08:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home