Sunday, February 11, 2007

YouTube hunts down AMVs

Maybe you have noticed earlier, I haven't until now (thanks Muz for the point out) that the very first AMV I reviewed was removed from YouTube with a nice notice ' This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by TV TOKYO Corporation'. Reuters has a story on the matter. Copyright claims again... yeah, right.

I find it quite ridiculous as such clips generally create a huge hype around the anime (as seen in the comments) and this particular video was a great example of such advertisement as the bits were short and appealing. But the current state of copyright laws is a bit of a nonsense, so in fact I am not surprised at all.

Nevertheless it's not a problem and later today I plan to switch to another, more independent video hosting site, bringing back the awesome Roxette AMV, securing the others and adding another X factored clip for the VVeekend. See you soon.

Update:
I've found something called Blip.TV and as for now it looks very promising and actually more slick than YouTube. The missing Roxette AMV is now up again, and without an unnecessary upscale. I'll probably switch the others too later this week.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home