Friday, March 9, 2007

Oskar - Blade Running (Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040)


OLink: video information (utenafanc.org.ru)
Author: Zen Lord

You may be surprised to see such a video here. Well certainly it's not the best AMV in the world, now is it? Editing is not exactly top notch, however it's good enough. The choice of scenes and synchronization is acceptable... to some extent ;] but really, it could have been better. The clip feels very raw, although there's something strangely appealing in that. It all probably breaks down to 'Russian', and I don't only mean the language ;].

And of course the song. I happen to understand some Russian and for the first time I played the video it put a huge smile on my face. If you don't get what he's singing about, trust me - the words really fit the scenes. And it's difficult to explain, but hearing it in this language feels so different, yet so awesome that just for this fact I wanted to show you it. Not to mention I fell for the music at the first note. And the amazing chorus too ;]. English will never sound this good...

After a bit of mumbling I finally come to the conclusion that an AMV can win just with with the music. But is it actually the win of the video, or just the sound? I don't know. However I just keep on watching the clip over again and again. That should give you the answer there... somewhere. And by the way - don't bother to download the original Oskar's music video. Or rather - just do not do it. You'll regret it. Really ;].

Organization note: Starting today AMV VVeekend goes for a true weekend amv experience - I'll post at Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only.

And for those who don't trust me, here's a translation, sort of...

With my teeth I
/ Я своими зубами
Crush concrete blocks
/ Разгрызаю каменные плиты
With my words I
/ Я своими словами
Offend those who can't hear us
/ Обижаю тех, кто нас не слышит
Nothing to regret
/ Ни о чём не жалею
And dream
/ И мечтаю
I'm not angry with you
/ на тебя не злиться
Crawling from the burrow
/ Из норы выползаю
And again
/ И опять
You fly like a bird
/ ты летишь как птица

Run on the edge of the knife
/ Бег по Астрию ножа
Cold soul
/ Холодная душа
Move your legs slowly
/ ты двигай не спеша Ногами
Oh, cover your eyes
/ Ой, закрой глаза рукой
And run after me on the edge of the knife
/ И бегай за мной по Астрию ножа
Together with us
/ Вместе с нами

These are nonsenses (?)
/ Это знаки-маки
They pour life into me
/ Они пустят сок в моё начало
I'll close my eyes
/ Я закрою веки
And a steel sting will jab me
/ И в меня войдёт стальное жало
Let the fears pass
/ Пусть проходят страхи,
That you always kept silent
/ О которых ты всегда молчала
Head on the scaffold
/ Голова на плахе
It's always not enought
/ Этого всегда так мало
Not enough
/ Всегда так мало…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home