Monday, May 21, 2007

Iceman - Shining Collection (Oh! My Goddess)


OLink: video information (animemusicvideos.org)
Author: VicBond007

Let's see... correct me if I am wrong but this AMV looks like a massive SPOILER, so beware ;]. However, for the sake of the review I think I sacrificed my pleasure of watching Oh! My Goddess Movie over this clip. And as far as I recall the first OVA, it seems it wasn't that bad decision.

You should notice that this author has already been featured on AMV VVeekend, with the amazing Kiddy Grade piece. But today's video is far more... extreme ;]. Starting off with the stunning idea of a dubbed introduction by the author's friend, Kara Dennison - and in Japanese! Followed by the extremely attractive beginning, and all filled up with the speeded up frame rate. And I'm telling you, this increased pace does make a difference - a quite positive difference, which especially at certain moments you may notice.

Around the middle, a peaceful interlude is inserted, and particular frames of young Belldandy are the cutest thing ever. And then it blows to the finish in a quite awesome, apocalyptic way ;] - but you'd probably feel it more if you saw the anime. Which I didn't, but still I consider this one of my favourite clips.

The thing is that at first I really wasn't sure. I didn't find any sense in the scenes and stuff, especially the motorbike race. I still don't, but what I have found was an eye-candy editing and good background music. Which by the way, seems to be the first Japanese lyrics theme in here. Maybe if I understood this language better the video would make more sense. But as I said, it may matter at first, but not later on when it gets more and more amazing, although technically you are watching the same clip. Now that's some awesome achievement for an AMV.

BTW: Look back at the comments of the recent Ergo Proxy clip - actual authors visit this blog, sweet ;]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home